Swing trading in the Indian stock market definitely requires expert skills and knowledge, especially if you’re a complete novice. But that doesn’t mean it’s some rocket science and cannot be achieved under the right circumstances and guidance. If you wish to start Swing Trading in the Indian Stock Market but have no clue where to begin, this post is for you. In this post, I will be sharing a few swing trading tips that can surely get you started with short term trading. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
To Start Swing Trading in the Indian Stock Market, You Need to First Get the Hang of It!
It’s applicable for not just trading but anything for that matter. It’s nothing difficult; it’s just you need to have the courage enough to delve deep into it. But obviously, you need to have some starting point. This is exactly what we are going to look at now. With a step-by-step, systematic, and meticulous process, you will be able to start trading in no time.
Open a Trading Account
Seems too obvious, right? But this is the first and foremost step, and we had to mention it once. So before you start anything in swing trading, it’s imperative that you need to find a good online stock broker and open your stock brokerage account. It’s always advisable to have a trading as well as a demat account. But your work doesn’t stop there! You need to get familiar with the account and explore all its features, tools, and information exclusively offered to you. With the help of a few good brokers, you can even go for virtual trading. If you find trouble finding the right broker, you can always consult a few trading websites like Goodluck Capital to get helpful advice on time.
Hone Your Analyzing Skills
Having astute analyzing skills is one of the greatest assets of any expert swing trader. Hence, you should never refrain from studying the technical aspects and relevant stock charts. This habit of doing technical analysis will always help you carve better profits and track the changing nature of the stock market.
Understand the Complete Order Flow
Always remember that trading refers as much to the process as it refers to the stocks you plan to buy. This is why understanding the complete order flow is essential. You need to understand the right time to put a market order or a limit order. The moment you become familiar with the process, you can take the help of the web articles, investment notes, etc. It is always advised against giving credence to tips for short term profits. Instead, if you are aware of the process then buy good stocks, profits will eventually follow.
Learn How to Review Your Trades
Well, the last piece of advice for any beginner swing traders is learning how to review the swing trades you have done. This includes learning how to read the ledger account, your Demat statement, and also asking technical questions to your broker and advisor. Also, make a habit of keeping a tab of your profit and loss. You can also look into the risk management measures to help you out.
Dos and Don'ts in Short Term Trading in the Indian Stock Market
1) You should start swing trading investing your own capital. Never take a loan or borrow money to trade in stock market.
2) Follow stoploss in every trade and don’t hold a losing stock as it may eventually ruin your whole capital.
3) Hold profit with trailing stoploss to maximize your gains and minimize losses with swing trading.
4) Don’t overtrade. Wait for perfect opportunity to earn in market because less trading saves profit while frequent trading takes away saved profits.
5) Don’t average the losing position. Exit the losing one and find the next opportunity.
6) You shouldn’t risk not more than 2% of your trading capital in a single trade. That means, if your trading capital is 1 Lakh, you shouldn’t risk 2k in a single trade.
7) Find a genuine SEBI registered adviser. Check their authenticity and credibility, performance track record and cross verify it by all means. You shouldn’t trust Facebook tips providers and WhatsApp tips providers until you know everything about them as it’s very easy to make fool people through social media by posting wrong swing trading information, manipulated profit screenshot.
So I believe, with the above discussion, you can now understand that it is not some rocket science but rather a matter of common sense of understanding the opportunities. Keep these factors in mind and start swing trading in the Indian Stock Market today!